We are seeking a frontend developer to join our team. An ideal candidate is as passionate as we are about developing and delivering amazing user experience. This role requires hands-on experience building cross-platform web applications and strong HTML/CSS skills. This role reports directly to Decent’s VP Engineering and will work closely with the product team, and our experienced team of developers.
What You Will Be Doing
- Create, extend and iterate on the implementation of our web application for customers to manage their health insurance. This includes developing and testing the parts of the system you own.
- Work closely with product owners and other stake-holders to understand and develop the best user experience.
- Collaborate with our UX and visual designers to implement a responsive front-end that delights customers and guides them frictionlessly through the core components of the application.
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years of software engineering experience developing reliable, responsive web and mobile friendly applications on top of REST APIs.
- 1+ years of experience in React.
- Professional development experience and a high-level of comfort with web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3.
- A portfolio of previously implemented applications that demonstrate your visual skills.
- A quality advocate who understands and uses appropriate methods of testing in their code.
- An eye for responsive design and strong attention to detail, you will be empowered to give feedback on how to make things better.
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Curious, continually learning, and eager to share your newfound knowledge with others.
- Developers that want to fundamentally understand how our business works and how to impact it with code